Sunday, April 17, 2011

Start a blog? Sure, why not.

So it occurs to me that I have a lot to say, so why not write it down in a blog?  The title of this blog comes from a friend.  We were discussing moving the other day and the fact that finding another rental that would allow "Lacey's Animal Kingdom" would be difficult.  I've always loved animals, and it seems I've been collecting them over the last few years.  I started out small, just one cat.  She's a special girl, and she needed a good home, so I adopted her.  That's how I acquire all of my animals, I either adopt, rescue, or take them in.  I guess I'm a bit of a bleeding heart, because it just snow-balled from there.

Currently I have a dog, 2 cats, a bearded dragon, and 3 snakes (all pictured on the sidebar).  I also have breeder mice because it is much more efficient for me to produce my own snake food (PETA come get me!  Even snakes have to eat).  Keeping up with all of my animals on top of my already busy life can be a challenge, but to me they are worth it.

So this busy life, what does it entail you might ask?  Well, first off, I'm an Accountant.  I'm pretty busy with work, and it absolutely drains my brain power by the end of the day, but I love my job.  I also help to care for my 84 year old aunt (yes, aunt, not grandmother) on the weekends.  If I'm not at Aunt B's on the weekend then I'm usually spending time with the rest of my family.  This doesn't leave a whole lot of time for me, but somehow I manage to squeeze in caring for all of my animals, knitting, playing WoW, maintaining a fairly decent household, and recently I've gotten back in the habit of going to the gym.  So when I say my life is hectic, I'm really not lying.

So that's about it for now, welcome to my world, stick around if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment