Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ah Sunday...

Such a busy day.  But the kitchen is clean, the laundry is finishing up right now, all of the reptile tanks have been cleaned, the cat boxes scooped, the house vacuumed, and the dog bathed.  But boy am I tired.  Downright exhausted is more like it.  I couldn't seem to sleep last night, and I woke up bright and early this morning.  Such is life, though.  At least everything around here is taken care of and we are ready for the week.

Gidgit all fluffy & wound up after her bath
I think I deserve some quality knitting time in the recliner after all of that :-)  I need to work on Sean's socks anyway, as they are my April socks of the month, and I'm not quite half way through them.  What did I expect though, Sean does wear a size 15 shoe.

I have decided to follow in the Harlot's footsteps and do a sock of the month club of my own.  My reasons are much the same as hers, so many patterns and yarns I've been meaning to knit, but something new and shiny always comes along and distracts me.  Since I'm always super busy at year end/beginning, I've decided to run mine with a different fiscal year, April through March.  I have everything all set aside in baggies with the patterns and I'm all ready to go.  I even threw in 2 pairs of socks that had previously been frogged because of sizing/gauge issues.  I'm really looking forward to knitting 12 pairs of socks on a schedule.  I tend to have a habit of letting things languish in my knitting cupboard for far too long, so this will help me stay on task (I hope).

I'm off to watch some Battlestar Galactica and knit, have a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment